Wednesday, November 5, 2008

5 things I am Grateful For Day 4

1. IV placement skills - When I was at work today I took care of a heart failure patient who has a LVAD (Mechanical heart) He needed a new IV, but he was very particular of were he wanted it. (He didn't want it in the right side because he was a righty, and he didn't want it in a huge vein by his AC because there is a chance of the IV pump beeping every time he would bend his arm) So, after a silent prayer I went for the only little vein I could see, and I nailed it!! I was a little excited because I really thought his vein was to small for the IV. In the end the patient was very happy and so was I.
2. Madi takes naps - Just when I thought Madi was done with naps she started napping twice a day again. I really like the nap time, it gives me a chance to recoop and do anything I need to do with out interuptions.
3. kenzie has quiet time - She is so good when it's quiet time. I will lay Madi down for her nap and kenzie will sit in the living room for 1 hour either playing with quiet toys of watching a movie. Its great to have that time to either nap of get some cleaining done.
4. Being a member of the LDS church - There are so many reasons why a am grateful for this I think I would run out of room explaing them all.
5. Having Serity as my Visiting Teaching companion - Ever since Serity and I have been grouped together we have almost had 100% VT. She is such a great example to me and I love the connection we have between the sisters we visit.

1 comment:

Maquel said...

You've inspired me to make my own grateful list. It's amazing how many little things I take for granted.