Thursday, November 13, 2008

5 things I am grateful for day 10

1. My kids love to brush their teeth - Brian is in the pre-dental class and his instructor wanted him to take pictures of kids brushing their teeth and since our kids love to, he took lots of pics
2. Kenzie has NO cavities - Mckenzie just had a dentist appointment and she was no cavities. Yeah!!
3. Madi has No cavities - Madison just had her first dentist appointment and her xray shows no cavities!!!
4. My kids love the Dentist - Our Pediatric Dentist has this cool superhero picture as his logo. He sends out birthday cards with the logo and coupons with this superhero brushing his teeth. They think that the super hero is their dentist and every time they get mail with the superhero they say "that's my dentist" and get all excited.
5. My kids cant wait to see the dentist again - When we went to the dentist on Monday the office was having 80's day. All the dental assistants and receptionist's were dressed up like they were in the 80's, it was so fun. Our dental assistant had a star necklace and one circle earing and one star earing. Kenzie thought that was so cool. Kenzie got her x-rays done first and after Kenzie did it so well, Madi was excited to do it. I couldn't believe how cooperative the girls were. I was worried they would get scared. When it was time to clean their teeth the dental asst. showed the little gun that spins and cleans the teeth, she let them touch the spinner to see how it tickles their finger and explained it would tickle their teeth. Then, they got to pick what flavor tooth paste they got. My kids both chose strawberry. After they were all done they got two bags a goodies. One with a new toothbrush, floss, and tooth paste. The second bag had a bunch of 80's toys like those slap bracelets and other knick-naks. They stayed entertained brushing there teeth with their new tooth brushes, and playing with their 80's jewelry. I never knew the dentist could be such a great experience. I am so grateful that their teeth are healthy and they were so excited about the whole thing! Today Kenzie said "I want to go to the dentist again, can we go today?" I had to explain to her that we only go twice a year. She said "so we can go after Christmas?" I thought that was so cute and I told her "yes".

3 comments:

Sarah said...

mmmmmm, toothpaste is yummy... :)

Candice said...

that's good! I wish i loved brushing my teeth when i was little...

Lisa said...

That's cool that your husband is in predental classes. You've got a long road ahead of you, but it's worth it! Dental school is hard for the guys - who wants to study - but the social aspect is great. (at least where we went). How much longer until he applies for school?