Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nothing to say

I hadn't really posted much this week so I thought I would talk about nothing.  Now that all the holidays are over it seems that there is a calm at our house.  Things are getting back to order, Kenzie is back at school and Dance.  Brian is back with his crazy schedule at school and I am doing what I always do.  Trying to keep the house and the kids tamed.  Okay so I was thinking the other week that I would try really hard to maintain the house everyday.  With working full time right now this is very hard to do, since after a 12 hour shift or sometimes 16 hour shift, the last thing I want to do is unload the dishes.  Well, it turned out okay, I maintained.  It was nice not to worry about having to spend the whole day cleaning because it just took a little while to clean.  I think I will try it again.  For me it's frustrating when the kids pull out all their toys and don't want to put them back when they are ready to do something else and if you have ever been in our little 1000SF home a few toys make the entire house look like a disaster.  I was talking with my mom and she said she has a friend who raised 9 kids in the same amount of space (she never gives me any sympathy)  Can you imagine?  I have a hard time with 2 kids in this space.  Well, the light at the other side of the tunnel is starting to show.  Brian applies for dental school at the end of this semester so the stakes are high!  I am praying everyday that he gets in.  He is really excited about shadowing dentists.  I think he really likes this semester because he is taking a lot of classes that apply to dentistry.  I love when he talks about it he gets so excited.  I'm excited too.  The other thing I have been thinking about is having another baby.  I am getting baby hungry and it is driving me crazy.  Who in their right mind in my situation get baby hungry?  I don't really want to say anymore about that becuase it's not in the picture right now and wont be for a while its just what I think about.   

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I know what you mean... january for me (well, after daph's birthday) is blah month. Nothing going on, freezing outside, and nothing to do. I hope Brian gets into dental school too... even though it means losing my friend. I just keep thinking it will be a good thing because we will have a new vacation spot to come visit you! And about the baby thing... I know you want one, but we are still so young, you have plenty of time. Tons of our friends are just on their first, or still don't have any. ((hugs)) I love you girl!! p.s. are you ever going to come back to the gym?? :) j/k, I know you are crazy busy.

Julaine said...

You have lots to say! Is brian going to apply Marquette here? If he is you can always spend time with my baby until you guys are ready for another!!

Eli and Candace said...

I'm glad you left a comment on mine - because I never got a chance to update my link list with yours. I hope your man gets into dental school too. I think it would be such an adventure to live away from family... but I also think I would be way too home sick.

sweet pickles said...

I'm just kind of laughing about this post because it's exactly the same things I've been thinking about. I've gone back to work full time so my husband can go to nursing school. Trying to keep a balance with the kids and the house while working full time is tricky, to say the least. And I've been thinking about baby #3 too, (our youngest is already 3) but can't go there because it would just add too much stress to our already crazy situation. Good luck to you guys, I kind feel like I know what you're going through!