Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mckenzie's First Day in Primary


Mckenzie had her first Day of Primary.  She was so excited.  She kept saying she was going to Primary school.  After the class I asked the teacher how she did and she said she was very reverent and she offered the closing prayer in her class.  Then I talked to the Primary president and she said what a great addition she was to primary.  She told me that she asked the primary during sharing time if anyone new who the living prophet was.  Mckenzie raised her hands really high and said I know!!!  "IT'S ME"  I laughed!!  I'm glad she is participating.  (The next day in FHE we learned about our Living Latter Day Prophet President Thomas S. Monson.)  Mckenzie loved the singing and had a great time.  I'm so glad she had fun and enjoyed Primary She is getting so big.  I'm sure I will continue to think she is always growing big.  I just can't believe that almost 4 years ago I had this helpless little child in my arms that couldn't do anything on her own and now she is this beautiful child of god that is constantly learning a growing, and maybe growing too fast for my liking.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I know!! It's so sad and I was just thinking this the other day about my kids, especially Laylah since she is the oldest. They grow way too fast and I cannot believe she is almost 6 and will be starting first grade in the fall. Bittersweet, isn't it? Kenzie is so cute though and I'm glad she likes primary, because when Jo started last year, he hated it and just wanted to go back to nursury. How's Maddie doing in nursury alone?? Let's get together tomorrow... maybe Southtowne since it is SO flippin cold?

Aaron/Kami said...

Porter is out of nursery too and it's so weird to me! It seems like just a couple months ago I was taking him to nursery for the first time. He loved nursery so hopefully he'll like sunbeams just as much as Kenzie does!

Maquel said...

Stockton is in Primary now, too, but we were out of town for his first week. I hope he does okay tomorrow. Our kids grow way too fast!

sweet pickles said...

Hey Brian and family,

It was fun to check in and see your cute family. Your girls are completely adorable!

Glad to see you are all doing so well. Way to go with your career choice. I'm sure you'll do great.

If you ever feel inclined to check out our blog, send me an e-mail to shymas33@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite.

-Stephanie Pickle (Hymas)

David said...

I remember someone else that use to participate and had one answer for most questions about the Gospel...Jesus Christ...we thought this was funny but now that I think about it, that is the answer or solution to most things!

bkpoulsen said...

Yes my daughter is the cutest thing in the world... Along with my other daughter and my beautiful wife.