Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Crazy Disney on Ice trip!

This was Kenzie and daddy before we left for Disney on Ice.  The kids love to dress up the the occasion It gives them and excuse to wear there little Princess Costumes.
Train ride the the Show!n  (don't mind my ugly hair.)  

Peter Pan was the Best I liked how they actually Flew!
So, when I purchased the tickets for Disney on Ice you don't expect the kids to be sick ornery and whiney when you go.  My luck they were both sick with influenza and Kenzie was in the making of an ear infection.  I coundn't just stay home and waste the tickets.  Brian and I tuffed it out and took the kids knowing it was going to be a lot harder to keep the kids happy when they were sick.  Well It started out with me thinking the Program started on 4pm.  When we got there, there was not any one in sight.  Brian looked at me and said "are you sure this was tonight?"  I responded not so confident "yes".  We asked one of the guys manning the event parking if Disney on Ice was tonight and he said yes at 7Pm.  Brian just looked at me like "you have got to be kidding."  I was thinking the same thing.  So not only were the kids sick ornery and whiney but we were going to have to stay up past their bed time to watch the show.  On top of that we didn't want to drive all the way home to come back (we probably should have done that but we didn't want to deal with parking late.  So, we parked front row and walked to the gate way mall and ate at chillis, since the kids said they were starving (funny thing is, they didn't eat one bite)  then we walked around and checked out nickle cade and then we went to Gymboree . because I knew they had a little TV.  I thought they would like to sit down and relax but they really just whined more about everything.  Finally we decied to walk back to the Arena but we jumbed on traxs for fun.  The kids really liked riding the train.  Once the show got started it was wonderful.  I was so surprised that the kids sat the whole time in a trans.  They loved it.  In the end it was worth it.  The kids are still talking about how cool it was.  I guess I should be more positive about the whole thing.  It's just hard when you imagine a fun day planned.  You think smiles laughter and giggles.  It was a little off but oh well, thats the way life goes sometimes.  We ended up taking Kenzie to the insta care for her ears a couple days later and now she is finally starting to feel more her self.  Madi  is still recovering from the infuenza.  I hate viruses.  You take the kids to the Dr hoping for a cure but when its a virus they say it should probably last 4 maybe 5 days and then it seems to always last longer.  Blaagh  I'm rambling.  

6 comments:

Angela Miller said...

Becca this story reminds me of me in so many ways. I love you and your cute kids. I can't wait to see you again. Can you guys make a road trip to see me???\
Love ya

Sarah said...

SUCH a bummer that they were sick! I totally know what you mean about it wanting to be perfect and it's not... I just can't seem to get over it when stuff like that happens, it's just too frustrating. They look happy on the train at least!

Hollie Hanson said...

oh my. Sounds like quite the adventure! Sorry the kids were/are sick. I hate that. You always want things to go perfect but they never do. Looks like it was way fun though! And your hair is not ugly- you are so cute! Your whole family is!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh how fun!!! I can't wait to take Aspen to those fun events! Yo are such a good Mommy! And your a dork, your hair looked cute!

KA said...

I'm glad you had a fun evening in spite of everything.

Julaine said...

Your family does such fun things together! It will be fun when Addison a little older and we can do stuff like that but I'm still enjoying her now. How do you make those cute headbands your kids always wear?