Monday, February 16, 2009

Romantic night out!


What a beautiful Temple.   It has been a tradition ever since we got married to go to The Roof for Valentines day.  It all started with our first V-day.  We wanted to go to the Roof but it was booked.  We ended up getting reservations for the day before V-day.  We thought it was such a romantic atmosphere that we have gone every year since.  They play live piano and you have the gorgeous view of the SLC Temple (where we were married).  Its so nice because its not like most restaurants where you have to yell across the table just to hear the conversation.  Its quiet and peaceful. 
The last couple of years we have gotten a group together to enjoy the evening.  Its always fun to have friends enjoy something you like.  We had a blast.  I don't know why but I must have eaten so much that the blood left my brain and into my stomach.  I was laughing at everything.  The waiter was taking our pictures and I thought it was so funny watching him struggle to figure out how to use each camera.  He actually did a great job with the pics I don't know what my deal was.
This was our Beautiful View from our table.  It was nice because our group was a little late so Brian and I had a while to enjoy the view and the piano alone.......  
Ready to go out.  Its been a long time since we had a night to ourselves so it was nice to get out of the house without the kids interrupting our conversation.  I love our kids but sometimes for my
sanity I just need to get away.
                                         

These are my beautiful Flowers Brian got for me even though I told him not to get me anything, hehehehe, How did he know I would still love something.  He's the best!!!  Brian is the most thoughtful man a live, he also went to Dillard's and spent hours trying to pick out a dress for me to wear.  Unfortunately it didn't fit right and we had to take it back but what a great guy!

7 comments:

Julaine said...

that view of the temple is so beautiful! what a great time you all had!

Sarah said...

How fun, wish I could have been there... maybe someday... :)

Candice said...

Cute!! I also loved the roof the piano playing makes it soo much more amazing too! Not to mention the temple.

KA said...

You've given me some great date ideas. With a new baby, it's hard to get away, but someday we will leave the house again.

dave&abby johnson family said...

How cute is that! I am glad you had a wonderful V-day!

The Hoods said...

I'm sorry that we weren't able to go this year. I hated missing it. We'll plan for next year again though for sure!!

Nicky said...

We love the roof! That's where we got engaged. What a romantic night! Happy Valentines!