Monday, February 23, 2009

No more Binky!!! Yeah!!!

Madi has always been a very quiet baby with her binky.  If she had a Binky in her mouth she was the happiest girl in the world.
My baby is officially no longer a baby!  I got her off the Binky last week.  whoa!!! it was way hard. We told Madi the night before we took her Binky away that tomorrow we were going to throw all her Binky's away because she was a big girl and not a baby anymore.  She seemed okay with the idea and in the morning gathered up all her Binky's excitedly, and tossed in the trash like no big thing.  Well then, at night we tucked her in and and gave her a kiss, and then............... She asked........... "I need my Binky"  Brian and I told her that they are all in the trash and that she was a big girl now.  Madi frowned and then....................she Busted out bawling with big dart tears.  It was the saddest thing ever to see.  I felt like such a horrible mom at the moment.  So, after a few pep talks from mommy and daddy she finally calmed down.  I told her that the Binky fairy was going to come tonight and get all her binky's from the trash and take them to all the new baby's that need bink's.  I think she liked that story and she went to bed.  But it doesn't end there.  She got sick that night with some virus, but we didn't know she was sick we just figured she was getting up every hour because she couldn't sleep without it.   Well, after two night of no sleep I called the Dr. (only cause she spiked a fever)  I took her in and that's when we found out that she had a virus.  Brian and I searched all over the house to find a binky for her because we felt so bad that we took it away when she was sick.  We searched high and low and could not find one soooo..... I guess that was a blessing in disguise because now her virus is gone and after 6 days of endless nights she is sleeping through the night with no binky.  Yeah for Madi.   The next project for her is training her at night to sleep with panties.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Mckenzie was a breeze for everything so Madi has been my challenge I will take any advise I can get.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for the Big Girl!! And NO, I do not have any suggestions for kids staying dry at night! I need suggestions! I still buy pullups in 3 different sizes for all my kids! :(

Maria said...

Oh that is such a sad story. Isn't that the luck though? The day you decide to throw them out - she gets so sick :( Poor girl. Glad she is feeling better and glad she's sleeping through the night now, too. I also have no suggestions on how to stay dry. Braxton has never wetted the bed once since he was potty trained - around 2 1/2 ... so, I'm of NO help!

Julaine said...

It's the worst seeing your baby cry especially when they're sick. That must have been a rough few days. Addison will not take a pinky, we try but she just doesn't seem to like it...maybe that's a good thing??

The Babinskys said...

Wow I am impressed. We attempted to get rid of the binky. It still has not happened. Raiyah only needs it at night but I don't see her stopping that anytime soon. I couldn't stand the big tears and gave in. Thank you for your example. :) MAYBE I will try again. Hope you are doing well. I would say I'm missing work but that would be a lie, but I am missing everyone at work. See you in April. :)

JenEric said...

Hey Becca, It's your cousin Jennifer. I love reading your blog, you always crack me up. That baby picture of Madison is so stinkin' cute. I remember how little she was when I came out to visit two years ago...she's a little girl now. The video you posted a few weeks ago of the girls dancing was hysterical!! Love ya!

JenEric said...

Becca,

I need your email so I can send you an invite to my blog.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Wow, I am impressed! I am dreading the day have to get rid of Aspen's binky!! Good for you friend!

Sleepy said...

Hey Becca,

I love your site and watching the girls grow up. You do a wonderful job of keeping us up on your family's happenings. Every time Aunt Dolly is here I bring it up for her and she really enjoys seeing and reading everything. As far as the dry nights. Just go with it, it will come in time, maybe not as soon as you would like but in Madi time.

Hugs to everyone

Love Aunt Gayle