Many years ago when I was a foolish silly teenager trying to show off, I tried to do a jump with a snowboard.. Well, unfortunately I crashed and couldn't get up. Embarrassed, I had to be gurneyed off the slopes and sent in an ambulance to the hospital. The doctors said I was fine and that I probably just bruised my muscles. I remember being in bed for 5 days after the accident because I could hardly move with out having pain. After I recovered I didn't think anything of it and went on with my life with no problems. While pregnant with Mckenzie I remember having severe back pain and I asked my OB what it could be. He asked if I had possibly ever injured my back and I remembered my accident. He said pregnancy can cause irritation to old wounds. I still didn't think much about it. Well, about 2 years ago I hurt my back so bad that I could hardly get out of bed I went to a chiropractor and he said I probably have a herniated disc. When he told me that I immediately scheduled to see the spine specialist where they did an MRI and confirmed my Herniation. I recovered and went on with my life scared to work out or do anything that might hurt my back. I then re injured it about 6 months later, but it wasn't as bad and after three days it felt better. The reason I'm saying all this is I injured my back AGAIN!! Tuesday I was picking up Mckenzie to set her in the chair to do her hair and I instantly had shooting pain up and down my back and down to my leg! I was so mad at my self for not using good back mechanics. I guess it's been so long I forget that I need to be careful ERRrrrrrr! I wanted to cry. I have been really good about working out and strengthening my core so why did this happen? I've been stuck on my back since Tuesday night and I cant bend my back. I walk like an old lady with a hunch back because when I straighten my back my spine crunches my disc that is bulging out of my spine. When I am moving around I can remember the pain I had with my snowboarding accident and it is the exact same pain I had then. So I guess it wasn't a bruise after all! There is some good things about being stuck in bed, one is I have almost caught up with blogging and 2 I finally started my digital scrap booking I have been meaning to start. The bad thing is my house is a disaster. Luckily and thankfully my kind mother stayed over late last night to help me finish folding a putting away my huge piles of laundry. What a great Mom! Thanks mom! I think laying around for 2 days have payed off because I am laying here now and I'm not in constant pain like I was 2 days ago it's only when I move. The funny thing is today I was laying belly down with ice on my back (actually it was a bag of frozen peas) when Mckenzie asked if she could open the bag and eat the peas. I didn't really care either way, so she opened it and started eating the frozen pea's. Then Madi came over and started munching on the pea's. Personally I hate pea's but they were lovin it so what ever gets them to eat there vegetables. Okay I've rambled enough I better go to bed!
Oh, Hello!
9 years ago





5 comments:
The back is not to be messed with. I have my own back issues too and my labor made it a lot worse. On the ups you get to have becca time and revamp--sort of. Get your rest and take it easy! I'm interested in digital scrapbooking too; is there a website or something to get started with that?
I hope you are feeling back to your old self soon! (I miss my workout buddy! :)
I am so sorry! I can't even imagine how much that would hurt!
If you wanted I could come over and out girls could play and I can help you around the house or scrapping :)
Let me know!
Huggs
I'm so sorry to hear about your back! It's the worst pain ever! Okay, one of the worst pains. I hope that taking it easy will help you recover quickly. Let us know if you need anything.
Oh no! Poor Becca. There is nothing worse than having an injured back because there is nothing more dibilitating! Hang in there and I hope you start feeling better soon. I'm praying for you!!
Post a Comment