Monday, May 18, 2009

New pet

Brian went golfing this weekend and brought home a cute pet for the kids, my girls named her Kelly.  Not sure if its a worm, Caterpillar of what, if anyone can Identify this bug It would be great.  Brian is insistent that its a Caterpillar and that it will turn into a moth or butterfly.  We'll see, the kids are having fun with it, there are no pics of Kenzie holding Kelly because she's scared too.  Silly girl. we are going to try to keep it untill it turns into a moth/butterfly.  I'll give you updates on if we kill it  (dies in our jar), or if it lives long enough to pupate.

4 comments:

Hollie Hanson said...

I loved those as a kid! I always called them inch worms. Not sure if that's what they are. Those picts are so cute of her holding it!

Sarah said...

That's so funny and cute! Madi is so brave! And Kenzie looks a little hesitent about holding that thing! I hope it lives!

The Hoods said...

We've never kept a "bug" pet in our home for more than 2 hours, they always seem to die!! I can't believe you've kept "her" alive this long. That would be pretty neat if you did see her turn into a butterfly!!

Julaine said...

Madison is too cute with her hand covering her mouth in the first picture! Good luck with watching the caterpillar grow.