They had a little train ride in the mall, the girls enjoyed ringing the bell.
The second day we were there, we went to visit my cousin Julaine who lives an hour away from my Aunt (where we were staying) She just had a baby 2 months ago. Baby Addison. She is so adorable and my girls addored her. Kenzie kept saying "we need another baby sister like Addison" I would love to have another baby but not another girl, Im ready for a boy.
This is my cousin Julaine and her husband Jason. they are the cutest little family and I had to throw in the Pic with Julaine and me becuase of the cool background.
The Funeral was very different than the funerals I'm use to here in Utah. My Grandpa was cremated so there was no viewing and we were in a Church, not sure what the religion was, but they had the sacrament during the Funeral . We did a lot of sitting and standing with singing and sighting scripture and then we sang "Take me out to the ball gam"e (that was my grandpa's favorite song) After the ceremony they had a display of pictures and memories of Grandpa. I really liked it so I took a picture of one of the displays. If you look really close you will find a pic of me and my fam when I was about 13 or so, with my Grandpa.
My Aunts and Uncles and Mom and Dad!
What a cute couple!
To the left is my Uncle charlie with the glassed and my Aunt Pam. to the right is my Aunty Georia holding Addison and Uncle Don. In the purple is my Grandma and then Julain, Jason and Johnny.
Madi made a huge mess pigging out on strawberrys. She loves Strawberrys or any berry for that matter. The bottom pic is cousin Noah on the left and cousin Gracie to the right and of course my sweet Mckenzie. Gracie and Mckenzie really got along really well. Gracie especially loved it becuase Kenzie like to chase and Gracie loved that she would chase her, so that was the game they played all the time. Is was funny!
We left Tuesday around 6pm and arrived in Wisconsin at about 7Pm the next day (yes we drove all night long) We were tired but the kids were angels! (Luckily we had a DVD player so the kids watched movies the whole time!) They were so excited to see their cousins for the first time ever!! We stayed with my Aunty Pam and Uncle Charlie. And let me just say, They have 5 children all adopted. They are the best most well behaved children I have ever met. The three youngest children share one room ( 5 year old Girl Gracie, 7 year old boy Sami and 8 year old Noah) They are so good, Its almost unreal. She adopted two older girls from Ethiopia. The girls are 15 and 16 and I was so glad to meet them because I here all about them but I have not ever met them before. I didn't see them much because of school and stuff, but what I did see was impressive they are very thoughtful girls who are helpful and kind. I'm just so impressed with that family. When I was married 6 year ago my Aunty Pam and Uncle Charlie came out to visit and they only had little Noah. And in six years they went from 1 child to a mature Family of 5 children. Only a super family could handle a challenge like that. Over all it was a great visit. We were only there from wednesday night till Saturday Afternoon, but it was worth seeing my family. I think I can count on one hand how many times I have been back east to visit, so it was nice to see them again.





4 comments:
I'm so glad you guys came out. I enjoyed spending time with your family. Those girls are sooo cute and funny! I can't believe I didn't even get any pictures of those bulletins of grandpa. I'm glad you guys made it home safe.
FUN!!! I bet your girls loved meeting new cousins. Glad you had a great trip and made it home SAFE! Love the Layers dress, it looks great on you...
It was so good to see you and your family last week. your girls are getting so big and are so cute! You do a good job with them!
Becca - Love all the pictures. I am so sad I couldn't be there. I was literally depressed. I drove an hour and a half and I was so sick I knew I couldn't make it the rest of the way, so I turned around. But, I plan to come to UT next year so I can see these adorable little girls of yours!! I love the dress you are wearing at Grandpa's funeral, it was really pretty. I'm glad you took a picture of the picture boards, I really wanted to see those. love ya!
Post a Comment